- Click Here To Know More About:
Irritation and compression of the nerve cause sciatica pain. It mainly disturbs only a single part of the body but tends to transfer to other parts of the body over a period of time. This pain normally spreads from the lower back to the rear thigh and further extends down the leg.
Major symptoms of sciatica pain include; burning, shooting pain, numbness, tingling down the legs, and weakness in the affected leg that causes difficulty in sitting down or standing up.
No doubt, there are many conventional sciatica nerve treatment methods available right now, but they only ease the pain for a limited time. Apart from this, steroid injections are also available for sciatica nerve treatment but can cause adverse effects as well.
Today, we are going to discuss some home remedies and natural therapies with you, through which you can reduce the inflammation and pressure on the disturbed sciatic nerve. The top home remedies forsciatica nerve treatment are discussed here as under:
- Hot and cold compresses: Using the hot and cold pack can provide some relief from severe pain and irritation. The process to use this pack is:
- Place the hot then cold pack on the affected area for 20 minutes.
- Repeat the same process after every one hour until you feel some relief from the pain.
- Turmeric: This is another natural and effective remedy forsciatica nerve treatment because turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in getting relief from the pain. The compound called curcumin contained in turmeric helps relieve pain and inflammation.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder to a hot cup of milk. Boil it properly and drink it twice a day until you notice an improvement. If needed, you can add honey to sweeten the milk.
- Another alternative is to have 250 to 450mg of turmeric supplement three times a day, but you must consult a doctor before starting taking it.
- Capsaicin cream: This cream contains a pain reliever called capsaicin, which helps in depleting the level of a substance called P that transfers the pain signal. Buy the cream from the market containing 0.025% to 0.075% capsaicin. Apply it to the afflicted area four times a day for at least one week.
- White willow bark: This home remedy is used to get relief from long-lasting pain. The White yellow bark contains glycosides with salicin that contributes to anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Take the dosage as prescribed by the doctor.
- Fenugreek seeds: For sciatica nerve pain, a powder prepared from the fenugreek seeds also acts as a great pain reliever. This powder is also helpful to get relieved from pains like gout and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Grind a small quantity of Fenugreek seeds.
- Mix it with enough milk so as to get a soft paste.
- Apply the paste to the affected area and leave it for more than two hours.
- Wash it off.
- Repeat the same process daily until you see some signs of improvement in pain.
- Massage: This also comes under sciatica nerve treatment. Massage helps in mitigating the pain caused due to muscle contraction. Moreover, it helps in releasing the tension and encourages circulation inside the nerves. You can visit a massage parlor for taking a massage or buy the best massage chair consumer reports to enjoy massage in the comfort of your home.